Breaking News

Navigation

Monday 16 March 2015

70's Fashion Favourites | Boohoo

70's fashion is making a major comeback and trending everywhere today from flared trousers to fringe designs! There are a number of pieces that I have had my eye on, and have purchased a few from Boohoo.com in this 70's style, which I would like to share with you...

70's fashion is all about big and bohemian! There are so many amazing patterns that are so pretty around at the moment, and so many items with tassels and fringes, that go so well together. The 70s was an incredibly etherial era, and that casual, laid back feeling towards like is really coming out in this seasons fashion! Hopefully some of the incredible music will make a return also.

What have I got my eye on from Boohoo.com?



Tops

I am really loving the colour schemes in the 70's fashion trend, as there is a lot of my favourite colours such as red and blue in there. The first top I had my eye on was the 'Charlie Crochet Shoulder Jumper' [£15], which you can also get in tan, black and navy. I think the cut out shoulders in this simple jumper give it something extra and an interesting twist. The material is also incredibly soft and good for those slightly cooler days when you want something that will keep you warm but not cover you up entirely - sophisticatedly flirty. The second top is the 'Elsa Aztec Print Oversized Dip Back Peplum Top' [£18]. I am loving Aztec prints at the moment, and this one is such a beautiful colour combination with the tan against the black, I think it will go really well with some of the more 'hardcore' 70's pieces, such as ripped jeans or even with a pair of dungarees. Peplum tops are so flattering to the more curvy figure as well, they are a staple of any plus-sized wardrobe. The final top is the incredibly relaxed 'Emma Paisley Border Print Button Through Blouse' [£16]. I think this top is so comfy and perfect for the hotter weather to wear with a pair of denim shorts - it will make you feel like you're ready to go to the beach and welcome back the sun in style!

Jackets

The kimono is back in fashion. I loved this fashion trend from last summer, but this spring they have gone all out 70's and brought in bold prints and fringe, which I think gives the humble kimono such a different look with such little effort. The first jacket I fell in love with is such a kimono - the 'Meg Aztec Print Chiffon Tassel Kimono' [£16]. I love the combination of classic Aztec and 70's print combinations on this garment. The beautiful patterns and colours are complimented by floral prints which give it a real hippy 70's feel. I really like the black tassels on the bottom and the sleeves as well as it can give anything simple, such as a body-con dress or even a plain top and shorts an interesting twist. The second jacket I looked at was a beautiful tan colour tasseled number, which made me instantly think of old cowboy movies, and hippies - perfect for a 70's inspired wardrobe. The 'Lara Suede Tassel Hem Short Sleeve Coat' [£20], also available in black, is a lightweight alternative to a coat in the warmer months, and will go with so many clothing items, it's a must for any wardrobe. The short sleeves also give it a different twist and are flattering to a number of figures with the rolled up element on them. The final jacket, and most definitely essential for any 70's wardrobe, is the 'Tammy Raw Edge Denim Jacket' [£25], but off under the bust, this gives the humble denim jacket a nice twist, and the slightly faded out colour gives it a rustic look that will stand out, and will look amazing, especially when paired with floral print.

Shorts/Skirts

One thing I liked about the trends in shorts at the moment, is the element of comfort. The first shorts I found were the 'Lorna Ethnic Print Contrast Trim Runner Shorts' [£10], which I thought were fantastic value and looked really nice combined with a plain top and jacket to create a stand out element to an outfit. The material is super thin, and therefore really comfortable and lightweight - perfect for warmer weather. I also found bold prints in the form of the 'Jazmin Sequinned Hot Pants' [£15], also available in orange print, which I thought were so beautiful! They are, surprisingly comfortable, despite the sequins, and are a fabulous statement piece for 'night-out' and occasion wear. The final pair of shorts I like, and something that no 70's style would be complete without, is a the 'Alia Mid Rise Frayed Turn Up Denim Hot Pants' [£12]. I love the fact that these are mid-rise as they are so flattering to a variety of different size figures, and I absolutely love the fraying element in the bottom of the leg pieces.

Trousers

I have never been a major fan of denim dungarees, but I couldn't resist the 'Cara Slouched Dungarees' [£35]. I love the fact that they are black, so will look brilliant with a bright print top (such as the Aztec or Hippy prints going round currently) and that they also look incredibly comfortable. They are taken in at the waist, which is fabulous for the larger figure as well and will give a casual look in the spring weather on the days where it's not warm enough for short-legged items. I also love the fact that they have put a twist on the dungarees, and kept them on trend with the ripped patches. I also fell in love with the patterning on the 'Chelsey Charcoal Tartan Check Tapered Trousers' [£20]. Tartan is more of a winter pattern, but I think the black and peach colour scheme gives the tartan a modern spring twist. I also like that they are tapered, which gives an illusion of thinning to the legs.

Dresses

I instantly fell in love with the 'Nancy Printed Collar Body-con Dress' [£12] with it's bright blue colour scheme, which will look incredible as a dress on it's own for a night out, or faired with a white fringed jacket or short denim jacket (like the one above) during the day time. I love the three-quarter sleeves for the spring months, and the collar gives it a hippy twist, while not making the dress look any less sophisticated. For day time wear I really liked the 'Ava Woven Chambray Gingham Smock Dress' [£20]. It's so comfortable and loose fitting, and has a really adorable look to it. Paired with yellow accessories, like a lemon coat or heels this could look amazing. I like the fact that this dress is fitted around the bust and waist, which will give an illusion of slimming to the more fuller figure, whilst exsentuating the curves on those who have less of a curve. The final dress I found was the 'Naomi Woven Jacquard Trim Detail Shift Dress' [£18]. I love shift dresses, as they are so flattering, and I think they will be what I wear 75% of the time in the spring months as they can look amazing with anything, especially this design with the red, purple and tan stripes paired with a denim jacket. I love how relaxed this dress looks, and I love the colour scheme for a more toned down Aztec look.

Accessories

I found a number of accessories which I thought were really good for spring, and in keeping with the 70's style. I am loving floppy hats at the moment, and couldn't choose which one I liked best from the two above. The 'Floppy Hat' [£12] hat (shown in black and berry, but also available in beige) is such a lovely, simple hat, with a cute detail of a bow. I think these kinds of hats look really hot right now, and especially paired with any of the bold prints from the Aztec designs especially, will make you feel like a movie star! I also like other hair accessories I found, especially the 'Ciara Plated Feather & Bead Trim Headband' [£4]. I think this is such a simple addition to an outfit, but can look incredible when paired with a simple, plain dress and a denim jacket to give something extra to the outfit. I am really interested to explore simple, plain clothing with bold accessories more this spring, especially for evening wear. I also liked the 'Plated Gold Floral Headband' [£5] which looks really cute, and you can wear in a number of ways, either across your forehead for a more ethnic, bohemian look, or as a headband for a more sophisticated, girly look. I also spotted some beautiful sunglasses on my exploration, which I have been looking for a pair for ages! I really liked the bold colour of the 'Bold Outline Sunglasses' [£5], which are also available in a pastel purple. I think pastel colours are going to be a fabulous trend for jewellery especially in the spring, with the calm colours complimenting the lazy days and sunshine perfectly. I also liked the 70's inspired 'Casey Coloured Lens Aviator Sunglasses' [£6] which look really cool. I think these would look incredible with any outfit consisting of a statement fringed jacket. Bold, oversized jewellery is something that I'm looking forward to this spring, and instantly fell in love with the 'Bridget Embellished Arrow Plate Necklace' [£6], which, despite being black and not very stand-out-ish, has a beautiful design and would look really nice with a pastel colour-schemed outfit. I also liked the incredible beautiful colour in the 'Hetty Statement Stone Engraved Cuff' [£6]. The topaz colour is really beautiful and reminds me of the spring a lot. It can be paired with so many colours and garments, and will be great for either day or night wear. I really like the Aztec style detailing on the cuff as well around the stones - it looks very etherial.

Shoes

There are some great footwear pieces out at the moment! I was first drawn to the 'Kendal Cleated Sling Back Mule' [£30] in grey (also available in black), which look really simple and comfortable. I really like that they are perfect for the spring, being exactly half-way between a shoe-boot and a sandal with the sling back design. I am also really loving the chunky heel at the moment, which are so comfy to walk in! I also found the chunky heel in the 'Jessy Platform Chelsea Boot' [£30] in tan (also available in black). I think the tan colour would be a really good choice, as these kinds of boots can go perfect with either day or night wear, and will look especially night if paired with a floral print playsuit or ripped jeans and a white top. Flat shoes are also a must in the spring as I find I walk around a lot more and do a lot more activity outside - and I still want to look fashionable whilst doing it! I love the giant bows on the front of the 'Zoe Bow Trim Loafers' [£25]. They have really interesting detailing and are simple, yet chic. 

Bags

Finally, I went fringe mad with my bag choices. I am really loving the idea of backpacks coming back into fashion, and think that they look really adorable with fringed detailing. The black 'Lara Fringed Tassel Rucksack' [£18] is a really simple piece, perfect for taking to more formal occasions in the spring, and can be combined with so many different sorts out outfits. I love the smooth flap on the top and the different fabric combinations for the fringing. I love the same elements in the 'Aisha Embroidered Tassel Suede Effect Rucksack' [£16]. I also love the white cotton detail in an Aztec style on the top of the main part of the bag, as this, combined with the subtle yellow tones against the brown in the fringing, make the bag look really interesting. I'm loving brown suede at the moment, as it fits perfectly with the 70's hippy style.

I hope you enjoyed my picks for my favourite 70's inspired items from Boohoo.com for the Spring. Let me know if there is any items you will be getting or if there is any more items, even from different shops, you have found that you think are amazing the spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twisted Beauty | Rachael McKenzie. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.