Breaking News

Navigation

Saturday 14 March 2015

CosmeticsFairy.co.uk | Haul

I'm usually quite sceptical and wary of buying cosmetics offline, but the prices at Cosmetics Fairy were so  good for the products they were selling were too good to miss! I ended up getting an obscene amount of stuff, which I'm going to share with you below. You can catch a video on myYouTube channel soon which will go over these products a little more as well if you want any more information. If you like anything you see, you can find all these products and more from www.cosmeticsfairy.co.uk. Everything is so well priced and you get some amazing offers as well, like free gifts and discounts once you spend over a certain amount!



Face | Foundation .&. Concealer

Wet'n'Wild Ultimate Minerals Powder Foundation | I got this in the shade 'Light'. I've never really tried much wet'n'wild before, but I absolutely love this foundation. For a powder foundation it doesn't dry out my skin and I feel comfortable using it without having a liquid foundation base over the top of my concealer first. It's a very light weight foundation and blends really well.

IsaDora Sun Protection Compact Foundation | This is a liquid foundation, which I got in the shade 'Nougat'. Usually, nougat shades are a little dark for my skin, but because it's such a smooth liquid foundation, I've found it amazing to use as more of a primer for my bronzer and blusher than an actual foundation. It's a great product if you want to have a bit more of a summery glow, without covering your whole face. Because it's quite a smooth foundation, it does have a tendency to smudge easily, so I have found I've needed to spray my makeup fixing spray before I've worn it for longer periods of time. I also love the fact that this product has a compartment at the bottom for your makeup sponge and is SPF15!

MaxFactor Pan Stick Foundation | I got this in the 'True Beige' colour. It's an incredibly rich, creamy foundation and I love this because you can get the Pan Sticks for different skin types - I got the one for normal/dry skin and have found it really good how it moisturises my skin as well as giving incredible coverage. It's also quite a small product, and is a stick (as you can tell from the name) which means it's fab to just throw in your bag for touch ups during the day.

Bodyography Powder Shimmer | This product has a really subtle shine to it, which will be perfect to wear as a light powder overlay to your foundation on a night out, or when you want your skin to stand out a bit more. It's a really light weight powder and comes with an adorable little powder puff with a black ribbon on it. I got mine in the colour 'Belize' which is more of a natural, transluscent colour.

Eyes .&. Brows | Mascara, Eyeshadows .&. Liners

Constance Carroll Eyebrow Pencil | I don't usually go for eyebrow pencils in shades that are lighter than my actual eyebrows, but I've found this eyebrow pencil from Constance Carroll, which I got in shade '3; Blonde' really good for highlighting the lower parts of my eyebrows. The shade isn't as light as I initially thought it would be.

L'Oréal Super Liner Gel Intenza | I am really impressed with this product, and it's great value for what you get as the gel liner pot is larger than I expected and you get the brush included. They have so many shades to choose from as well - I went for something a little different, going for 'Violet Black', which has a really subtle hint of a maroon colour in the liner, which compliments so many eye colours. It's really easy to use and the gel doesn't clump at all, and the brush allows you to be really precise. It's one of the best gel pot liners I've used, and perfect for beginners to eyeliner in this form.

L'Oréal Contour Khôl Pencil Eyeliner | Although this is meant to be an eyeliner, it has a really subtle colour, and doesn't have a harsh tone to it, so I've been testing it as a eyebrow pencil as well and I can see it working perfectly when I want a more defined brow. I got mine in the colour '135; Iced Chestnut'.

Constance Carroll Khol Eyeliner | I've been struggling recently to find a pencil eyeliner which stays on for an substantial length of time, as I tend to get watery eyes, particularly in my right eye after an unfortunate, yet funny, incident in high school when my whole eye turned yellow and had the protective layer burned off by Iodine - but that's a whole other story! But...the Constance Carroll pencil eyeliners have incredibly vivid colours and I've found when testing this morning that it hasn't rubbed off hardly at all for a good few hours - I'm really impressed with this brand.

Famous High Impact Lash | While the name suggests that this mascara will give you big and bold lashes, that's not the case I have found. Although, I am very impressed with the precision wand. Usually, in a lot of foundations, the seal that gets rid of the excess mascara when taking it out of the tube leaves clumps on the end of the wand, however, the seal is very tight on this product so you get hardly any excess, making it a great mascara for a base or for everyday use if you want to excentuate every lash, especially on your bottom lashes. I can see me using this mascara for my bottom lashes in particular. The case is also a holographic silver, which is also very nice and snazzy!

Beautyuk Eye Dusts | I got three of these singular eye dust pots in shades '3' (a golden grey), '4' (a yellowy gold) and '7' (a charcoal grey). I've got these before in brighter colours, and find them so useful to throw in your bag for every day use. They all have a slight shimmer to them as well making them perfect for a night out.

NYC Sparkle Eye Dust | One thing I love about cosmetics fairy is, if you're not too sure about a product, they have quite a large range of testers, which are incredibly cheap for higher end products. I got a tester for the NYC eye dust, as it's not something I've tried before, and I wanted a pink shade of eyeshadow, which I can't see myself using that much, other than for highlighting, so a tester pot was perfect. I got the shade '14; Karat Rose', which is a really girly pink colour, with a little bit of a shimmer. The tester pot also comes with an adorable mini brush which is really handy.

Urban Decay Eye Dust | The Urban Decay eye dusts all come in vivid colours - I went for one of the more subtle colours, going for a browny gold shade called 'Shag'. The tube is interesting, as it reminds me of the process you would use for a lipgloss in that the brush is in the product in a sealed compartment, and you only get the product from the end of the brush. I tried using it initially, but got in quite a mess with it as a lot of product comes out on the brush the first couple of times I tried it, so I had to make sure I got any excess off before using it. It's a good eyeshadow when you do use it, and blends really well though.

L'Oréal Color Infaillible Matte Finish Eyeshadow | I personally love matte finish eyeshadows, especially for more every day wear, and the colour of this eyeshadow is so beautiful and rich - I got mine in the shade '017; Sweet Strawberry' which is a basic pinky brown colour. I love the pots that the L'Oréal eyeshadows come in as well, they are really high end looking and sturdy. The eyeshadow goes on really easily and comes with a seal which keeps it pressed down and stops it from breaking, which for me, personally, is a God send!

L'Oréal Studio Secrets Pressed Eyeshadow Quad | I'm a big fan of eyeshadow quads as you can use all four colour to create simple or intricate makeup looks in an easy way. The one I went for, which was difficult to choose because there are so many great combination quads, was one of the Project Runway Limited Edition quads in '415; Charming Cockatoo's Gaze', which has two pink and two blue tones. You get a basic pink highlighter, which has a 
Baker one is quite large, and the Magic nail buffer is a much better size to take away with you or keep in your everyday makeup bag.

Lips | Lipsticks, Lipgloss .&. Lip Liner

 Maybelline Colorsensational Lip Liner | I got this lip liner in a more pinky plum colour, as darker lip sticks are something I've been wearing a lot this winter and I needed a really good quality lip liner - needless to say Maybelline's Lip Liner in '40; Raisin' is the perfect combination of dark tones, yet subtle enough for a day look as well. It's a creamy lip liner so doesn't smudge or crack.

Bourjois Smile Enhancing Gloss | I couldn't resist getting this intriguing product. It has two ends, one a translucent lip gloss, and one a tooth-brightening effect gel. While the taste of the tooth-brightening gel is pretty nasty, it really does work. My teeth have never been the brightest and I struggle to get the really white (mainly because of carelessness in childhood)...but this had an effect instantly. I wasn't as impressed with the lipgloss as it's just a standard translucent lipgloss with little shine, however.

L'Oréal Glam Shine Lipgloss | I got the the '601; Aqua Lemon Tonic' from the Fresh catalogue of the Glam Shine series. This is a staple lipgloss, with a subtle tone of yellow - which sounds quite strange for a lipstick, but it brings out the peach colours of your lips, and it smells great!

MaxFactor Matte Lipstick | I've been wearing a lot of reds and cherry colours at the moment, throughout the winter for lipstick, but I wanted to get a more plum colour. I went for the shade '765; So Berry' from the MaxFactor lipsticks. It's a really deep rich colour, and I initially didn't like it when I tested it, but as soon as I combined it with a goldey brown eyeshadow and the Violet Black eyeliner (above) it stood out just right. The MaxFactor lipsticks have always been a favourite of mine because they aren't a sticky matt, they are really creamy.

Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick | The pearlescent lipsticks from Coloursensation aren't something I have tried before, however I was pleasantly surprised. I got a 'Cherry Candy' tone (number '550') and was initially thinking that it would just be a standard bright red, however, the pearlescent lipstick is just that, it goes on more like a lipgloss with a much more vivid colour. It's slightly sticky, but that soon dries and leaves a shimmering lipgloss looking style without the stickiness.

Bourjois Rouge à lévres Lipstick | I have always been a fan of Bourjois lipsticks as they stay on so well without smudging. I got the shade '56; Sweet Kiss' which is a vibrant red. I love the case as well, as it has a button that you have to pull to get your lipstick tube out, which is great if you have a lot of stuff in your bag and want to take your lipstick with you without the top coming off, which is an issue I have had before with disastrous after effects!

Einstein Lip Therapy | I got the lip therapy because I suffer from quite dry lips, and I have to admit this product works amazingly as both a base coat primer and as a general lip treatment. The only issue I have with this product is that it comes in a pot, and as it's quite a runny cream, it gets quite messy - I would prefer it to be in a tube with a wand.

I hope you have enjoyed my review on some of the products I have purchased recently, and go and check out Cosmetics Fairy (here in the UK) for fantastic deals on cosmetics of all shapes and sizes!

Check out Cosmetics Fairy at www.cosmeticsfairy.co.uk or click on the links below to go the the products I purchased above!

IsaDora Sun Protection Compact Foundation - http://www.cosmeticsfairy.co.uk/make-up/isadora-sun-protecting-compact-foundation-spf25-nougat-52.html
MaxFactor Pan Stick Foundation - http://www.cosmeticsfairy.co.uk/make-up/max-factor-pan-stik-foundation-true-beige-12.html
Bodyography Powder Shimmer - http://www.cosmeticsfairy.co.uk/bodyography-powder-shimmer-belize-boxed.html
Constance Carroll Eyebrow Pencil (Blonde) - http://www.cosmeticsfairy.co.uk/make-up/constance-carroll-ccuk-eyebrow-pencil-blonde-3.html
Constance Carroll Kohl Eyeliner (Black) - http://www.cosmeticsfairy.co.uk/make-up/constance-carroll-ccuk-kohl-eyeliner-pencil-black-1.html
L'Oréal Super Liner Gel Intenza - http://www.cosmeticsfairy.co.uk/make-up/loreal-super-liner-gel-intenza-eyeliner-violet-black-03.html
Famous High Impact Mascara - http://www.cosmeticsfairy.co.uk/make-up/loreal-glam-shine-fresh-lipgloss-aqua-lemon-tonic-601.html
Beautyuk Eye Dust (7; Black) - http://www.cosmeticsfairy.co.uk/make-up/beauty-uk-eye-dust-black-7.html
Beautyuk Eye Dust (4; Ivory) - http://www.cosmeticsfairy.co.uk/make-up/beauty-uk-eye-dust-white-4.html
Beautyuk Eye Dust (3; Bronze) - http://www.cosmeticsfairy.co.uk/make-up/beauty-uk-eye-dust-bronze-3.html
NYC Sparkle Eye Dust - http://www.cosmeticsfairy.co.uk/make-up/nyc-sparkle-eyedust-pot-karat-rose-892-t.html
Urban Decay Eye Dust - http://www.cosmeticsfairy.co.uk/urban-decay-loose-pigments-shag.html
L'Oréal Color Infaillible Eyeshadow - http://www.cosmeticsfairy.co.uk/make-up/loreal-infallible-matte-finish-eyeshadow-sweet-strawberry-017.html
L'Oréal Studio Secrets Eyeshadow Quad - http://www.cosmeticsfairy.co.uk/loreal-project-runway-ltd-edition-eyeshadow-quad-charming-cockatoo-s-gaze-415.html
Maybelline Colorsensational Lip Liner - http://www.cosmeticsfairy.co.uk/make-up/maybelline-colorsensational-lipliner-raisin-40.html
Bourjois Smile Enhancing Lipgloss - http://www.cosmeticsfairy.co.uk/make-up/bourjois-smile-enhancing-lipgloss-glossy-star-02-bnib.html
L'Oréal Glam Shine Fresh Lipgloss - http://www.cosmeticsfairy.co.uk/make-up/loreal-glam-shine-fresh-lipgloss-aqua-lemon-tonic-601.html
Bourjois Rouge Lipstick - http://www.cosmeticsfairy.co.uk/make-up/bourjois-sweet-kiss-lipstick-rouge-sur-mesure-56.html
MaxFactor Matte Lipstick - http://www.cosmeticsfairy.co.uk/make-up/max-factor-colour-collections-lipstick-so-berry-765.html
Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick - http://www.cosmeticsfairy.co.uk/make-up/maybelline-colorsensational-shine-stick-cherry-candy-550.html
Einstein Lip Therapy - http://www.cosmeticsfairy.co.uk/make-up/einstein-lip-therapy-hydrating-lip-cream.html


Links are unavailable for the Wet'n'Wild Ultimate Minerals Powder Foundation, L'Oréal Contour Khôl Eyeliner, L'Oréal Flex Nails and the Wild and Crazy Magic Nail Buffer as they are currently unavailable from Cosmetics Fairy [27 feb 2015].


Watch it on YouTube below...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Twisted Beauty | Rachael McKenzie. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.