Breaking News

Navigation

Tuesday 31 March 2015

Products I've Loved | March 2015

I'm usually quite an eclectic shopper and user of products, so it often takes me ages to finish off products - however, the products below have served me so well I would purchase any of them again, and they are all either empty or on their last legs of life!


L'Oréal Elnett Satin Hair Spray 'Very Volume'
I'm a massive fan of the Elnett range from L'Oréal and I find that this is one of the only hair sprays that I find actually gives me long lasting volume for the whole day, which I struggle to find usually. Since having my hair cut it's been a lot easier to keep volume, but when I had my really long hair I used this constantly. I also really love the Cheryl Cole special editions of the Elnett hair spray. I'm also quite clumsy and indecisive, so it's always good for me to use this hair spray for it's brush-out-ability.

Fake Bake Mousse - Luxurious Golden Bronze
I rarely self-tan, however, I find recently, I swear my skin tone is getting paler - I'm not even sure if thats possible! Either way, I used to tan all the time and really easily when I was younger, but now I tend to go blotchy, and will occasionally have that red blotchiness turn into a semi-tan. In these dyer circumstances, I have resorted to fake tanning, something which I swore I would never do again as every attempt I have tried either turned me orange or incredibly streaky. A friend suggested Fake Bake to me, and I ended up getting the mousse as it seems to be the easiest to apply. I was really surprised at how well it went on and how gradual of a tan it gave you, with instant results. I've never been happy with how I look after fake tanning, until using this product - and I will definitely be stocking up for the spring to use on my porcelain legs!

Soap & Glory The Fab Pore 2-in-1 Face Masque & Peeling
With such a long name, it has to be good. And it is! I love the colour of it as a first point - it reminds me of the sea or mint chocolate chip ice cream - not that I would want that on my face! It smells incredible, and because it's a slightly thicker product than some face masks, it doesn't drip down your face after application. It gives a nice warming sensation to your skin, which is really nice and I always use this in the bath as it's such a relaxing feeling and smell. It leaves my skin feeling really fresh and I always see a reduction in the number of spots and black heads that I can see creeping up on my face and neck after using this product. I find this really good to use the day after I've been on a night out and haven't managed to do my full make-up removal routine before crashing into bed.

LUSH D'Fluff Strawberry Shaving Soap
I've never tried a shaving soap before, but I thought I would give this Lush product a go, just for the pure fact that it smells amazing. Granted, it has a strange initial smell, but when you're in the shower, or when it gets wet, the strawberry smell really starts to come through. It's really smoothing and creamy, and leaves my legs feeling much softer after shaving. I also tend to get quite blotchy after shaving as I have fairly sensitive skin on my legs weirdly enough - but this has dramatically reduced the redness as well.

Revlon PhotoReady Eye Primer & Brightener
I really love this stuff. This is my second one I've been through now - which is saying something because you have to use so little they last for ages. I use this almost every time I'm doing my makeup as an eye primer when I want my eyeshadow to stay for a long period of time, but most often I use it every day that I'm not wearing eye makeup as it's really creamy and moisturising as well. I also, quite naughtily, use this as a concealer for my under eyes sometimes, if I'm having a particularly 'baggy eyed' day as it has pretty good coverage for a primer. It definitely makes me look more awake in the morning and is a staple product I have for early morning awakenings!

MAC Studio Fix Fluid
I really enjoy using MAC products, as they always give really good coverage. I've used this foundation for pretty much the duration of it's life whenever I go on a night out, as it has really good staying power and gives quite a matte finish for when I get all hot and sweaty in the club (yeahhh - no, seriously, I don't do that very often - but I do tend to get quite shiny if I have heavy makeup on so it's really good for then). I also find that I hardly need to use any for it to make my skin look good - most other foundations I'll use two squirts to cover my face, however, I sometimes have left over product with just one squirt of this! It does irritate me a little that I don't have the squirt-topped bottle, and you have to get that separately. 

Urban Fudge Instant Smoothie Spray
I've loved using this product recently, and need to purchase another one soon, especially with the warmer weather starting to roll in. I find that my hair gets quite frizzy if I'm blow drying it without styling it as well, so this is perfect for those lazy morning occasions. If I don't use a product like this I get a literal afro on the bottom half of my hair, whilst the top remains ridiculously flat. With the Smootie Spray, I've found that, as well as smelling really nice in a weird way, my hair is much smoother, but doesn't look greasy after a few hours as I've found when using other alternatives such as hair oils or heat protect spray with argan oil extracts.

That's all my empties (or nearly empties in some cases) - I hope you enjoyed reading about some of my favourite products for a variety of uses and beauty scenarios. Let me know in the comments below what products you love using for things like I've used my empties for!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twisted Beauty | Rachael McKenzie. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.