Breaking News

Navigation

Monday 23 March 2015

Glossybox Review | March 2015

I have recently found that there is no excitement greater in life than when I know my Glossybox is on it's way to be delivered to my door step. I've only received one before, but the anticipation and excitement I felt when I received the notification of my next one on it's way to me I was more overly enthusiastic than even I thought I would be. I've been testing out the March Glossybox goodies over the past few days and you can find my review of each of the products below...


Dove Advanced Hair Series
The first products I tested out were the shampoo and conditioner that I got by Dove. The ones I was sent were from the Youthful Vitality range - which I was slightly disappointed to receive as it is targeted at 'ageing hair', which I don't have. I can, however, see how it could be a good product to keep for the future and for those Glossyboxers who have a lot of hair damage. I've only tested this product in one hair-wash session, as they are only tester or 'travel size' bottles, and I didn't want to waste it. I didn't notice a massive difference in my hair from just one wash, which I didn't expect to - apart from that my hair was a little easier to comb through, which I thought was good. I also found that my hair looked slightly more bouncy and fuller when I had blow dried it. It's one I'm definitely going to keep for the future.

Sleek Pout Paint
Another tester size product I received was the Sleek Pout Paint, which I got in '156: Peachy Keen'. This is a beautiful coloured lip stain, which I tested out on one of my busiest days over the past week. It's a really nice peachy orange colour, which is really good for day wear and doesn't give a massive amount of coverage. It looks more like a lip tint when on - I really love this kind of thing during the day time, especially when you are going to be busy and don't want to keep topping up your lipstick to keep that perfect un-cracked look throughout the day. The stain works really well and I only had to top it up once after I had a hot drink, and even then, it didn't rub off hardly at all - I was just being pedantic. I would highly recommend getting something like this, which is really easy to chuck in your bag if you are going to be having a busy day and want to keep a nice natural lip look for the whole of it.

ncLA Nail Polish
The ncLA nail polish in 'I Fly Private: 073' is a really bright orange colour, which will be perfect for the spring. It's quite a thin nail polish, and I found that I needed to do two coats to give a covered look, although I did do some experimenting. I found that using this product as a top coat was my favourite look. I painted my nails with a white nail polish and then put just one coat of the ncLA polish over the top of my accent nail. You could still see the white through it, but the ncLA polish gave a kind of pearlescent look to it with an orange tint, which I thought created a really spring-style look. I think I will be using this polish to do my accent nail art in the future, although it is a really nice colour to have on its own with a few coats as a stand out spring colour.

Essence Lash Princess Mascara
The first thing that I noticed about this full size product was the packaging. The mascara tube is an interesting one - it has raised, soft feel designs on the wand end which look like a mixture between a corset and a princesses crown design which I think is really pretty - and gives good grip when doing your lashes - an incredibly practical feature, especially if you are clumsy like me! The wand is an interesting shape, being slightly curved to your eye line shape, and bulges out at the end to give a real winged out effect. I found that this was a really effective wand shape and gave my lashes a really nice volume. The mascara is a black mascara, but personally I think there is a hint of brown in there as well which makes green eyes really stand out! I have hazel eyes, which look more brown 90% of the time, so this feature of the brown tint pleased me as I love when my eyes look greener.

Nobay Moisturizing Peeling
Get this products - that's all I have to say.

Kidding! But, seriously, this product is amazing. I love using face masks, but I always try and get the peeling masks, because I get frustrated when I get bits of face mask stuck in my hair. I use a lot of the LUSH face masks, and especially those which are moisturising, because I tend to get a lot of dry skin around my forehead area especially. I used this product when I was in the bath as a bit of a treat the day I received my Glossybox (about three days ago) and was instantly impressed. It dries quickly, which meant that I didn't get drops of it around the place and the smell is so nice - it's really floral, fruity and relaxing. When I peeled the mask of it was really easy to do and I could feel and see a difference in my skin straight away. My skin looked brighter, and felt so incredibly soft. I have found that this is the case with a variety of face masks and peels that my skin is fantastic for the first day, but by the second the dry skin, whilst dramatically reduced, is starting to come back unless I moisturise a lot around using the past as well. However, I haven't used any of my moisturising creams since testing this mask, and my skin is still looking really good. I can see tiny bits of dry skin starting to appear but my skin still feels soft and the dry skin is being held back much better than with other products I have used. I will definitely be making this a weekly routine, once a week at least! I have already been looking online for where I can buy more when my Glossybox one runs out.

I hope you enjoyed this review. Do you receive Glossybox? Let me know in the comments below!

I get the U.K Glossybox so I would be fascinated to see how they differ in other countries. Want to sign up for Glossybox? - visit www.glossybox.co.uk for the U.K store, or follow the links on that website for other countries!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twisted Beauty | Rachael McKenzie. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.