Breaking News

Navigation

Saturday 14 March 2015

Glossybox Review | February 2015

For my first experience with Glossybox, this was a pleasent surprise, and I was impressed with the number of things I got - and I really enjoyed getting a peek at some brands I have never seen before and some that I have seen but never tested!


What came in my Glossybox?

Wilkinson Sword | HydroSilk Shaving Kit
I already have the HydroSilk razor, so I was happy to get a spare one, which I can use if I'm travelling anywhere, as well as getting a sucker-padded holder to put in the shower as mine broke and I haven't found anywhere that will sell the holder seperately. Whilst it doesn't give you any spare razers (just the one it comes with) I didn't expect to get any as they are usually quite expensive for the packs on their own! I was pleasently surprised to get a full size product, especially one so expensive. I really love the HydroSilk razors too, as I have quite dry skin, they are very moisturising and really smooth on your legs and underarms especially. I find the moisturising serum that you get in the razor head really nice and find that it's one of the only razors I have ever used to not leave my legs all blotchy after shaving.

Schwartzkopf | Got2b All Star 10-in-1 Styling Treatment
I'm not a massive one for putting styling products in my hair, but I was impressed with the Got2b All Star treatment. I have quite flat hair, and even when I backcomb it, it tends to go flat in about an hour unless I use a whole can of hairspray on it! I tested this product a few days ago for the first time when I went to an event and I was so impressed! It didn't leave my hair frizzy, or stiff in any way, and the volume in my hair lasted much longer than usual - not all night, granted - but a major improvement. If you're just wanted some un-frizzy volume to your hair for a short period of time just for an event like a wedding or dinner or an event where you're not moving around massive amounts, it's perfect. This was another one of the full size products I got, and I was really happy with it. The smell is really nice too!

So Susan | Rose Quartet Lip & Cheek Cream
I'm not a massive fan of cheek creams as I find if you use them with any sort of foundation they tend to get a bit sticky, so I don't think I'll be using this product on my cheeks. But for lips, it's really nice. It's a sample size product, and the colours are really natural, so you wouldn't need to use a lot of any way. You get four shades in the creme, ranging from pinks to browny reds. None of the shades are vibrant, and I was surprised to find that my favourite shade was actually the bright pink (top left in the palette image) as it has a much more toned down colour on your lips and looks almost like you have just come in from the cold and your lips have blushed. They are really moisturising too, which I was happy with as they weren't sticky on my lips at all - unlike on my cheeks.


Marsk | Mineral Eyeshadow
I've never heard of Marsk before - but I was excited to try something new. I got a single eyeshadow which is a loose powder in a kind of steel colour and is part of the Fifty Shades collection. It's not something I would wear out from day to day, but because it has a slight glitter to it, the shadow is really good for using as a base layer on a smokey eye. Loose eyeshadow powders are not something that I have a lot of success with, as I find it really easy to get too much on my brush, but the powder dispenser in this product, even for a small pot it really handy!

Royal Apothic | Tinties Lip Butter
The final product I got (apart from some Love Hearts sweets, which no Valentine's Love Box would be complete without), was a lip butter from Royal Apothic. I've seen this brand around, but the packaging has always put me off, being quite vintage, I always assumed it was for the elder generations, so I was really happy to have myself put straight when I opened this product. I got send the lip butter in the shade 'Coral', which is a beautiful orangey pink colour that is more like a lip moisturiser or lip balm than anything else. The colour is really pretty and the packaging of this little carousel shaped glass pot is so adorable (pictured left). The product reminds me a lot of the tinted lip balm sticks from Nivea, which I use all the time - only this product smells amazing and doesn't giver you as harsh a colour. If I could afford to get this on a regular basis, I definitely would over my Nivea stick balms!



For a first experience of Glossybox I was amazed at all the different products you get and the variety of products as well. It's definitely worth the money if you are as interested in finding and discovering new beauty products as I am. I was also happy that I didn't just get send makeup, and got something different like the razor kit! Check out and subscribe to the Glossybox at www.glossybox.co.uk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twisted Beauty | Rachael McKenzie. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.