Breaking News

Navigation

Thursday 2 April 2015

Products I Won't Buy Again | Kelly Brook Matte Nail Polish

I own a number of Kelly Brook nail polishes, that I have been collecting over the years from trips to New Look here in the UK. I've loved every single one of them - so I thought, over winter, why not try and get a matte colour for every day wear...


I never actually ended up using this nail polish over the winter, so thought it only right, now the weather is getting warmer and nautical fashion is starting to make a come back, it was time to start wearing this nail polish. I tried to do some nail art (which you can see in my post here) - and this is the first time I've used it. I found the colour really nice, and I loved the matt effect of the polish. It gave a really rich, deep navy colour that I would be happy to wear any season. It was also really easy to apply, and I only needed one coat. It also dried really quickly.


The problems came, however, when I tried to take it off. I found that (as in the picture above) it was really difficult to get off, and I ended up using one side of a pad for each individual nail I was trying to use the remover (which was even had ammonia in) and still, not all the polish came off. I even tried soaking my nails in the polish remover for five minutes and still, my nails had been stained. The colour came off well from the centres after soaking for five minutes, but the colour hadn't budged from the tips of my nails and around the edges.


I tried to put a different colour of nail varnish over the top, however, unless I used a deep colour or put on a number of layers (the image above is with two layers of polish), the colour was going to show through and was certainly not going to budge! I wouldn't buy this again, however, I do really like the colour.

Have you had any of these problems with matt nail polishes? Is it just me being a bit of a klutz in the polish removing department? Do nail extensions and false nails make a difference to the matt polish removal process unlike normal polishes? Let me know in the comments below!

2 comments:

Nicole Lauren Blake said...

Maybe use a base coat next time? Unless you did this time? It is bad though, I've (luckily) never had this happen to me!

Nicole ♥
nicolelaurenblake.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thanks Nicole a base coat is definitely something I'm going to try! I've not had to use a base coat with any of the other three matte polishes I've bought before from other brands. Maybe it's needed with the kelly brook brand! It's a shame because it's such a lovely colour.

Post a Comment

Twisted Beauty | Rachael McKenzie. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.