Breaking News

Navigation

Saturday 4 April 2015

Review | Ted Baker Body Range

I have always really loved the packaging of Ted Baker beauty products - however, have never before brought myself to buy them. However, when they were on 3-for-2 at Boots, I couldn't resist picking up some of the ones I've had my eye on for a few weeks now...

Ted Baker No1 Langley Court Collection

Body Lotion
The first product I picked up was the body lotion, which comes in a beautiful box in a vibrant orange colour. I was instantly drawn to the brightness of the orange and the contrast in the pastel house images on the box. The bottle was the same, with a beautiful golden lid and the lotion is a really pale pastel orange colour. The smell is absolutely incredible and smells really fruity and reminds me of my Mum a little, which is surprisingly comforting. I used this on my hands last night, and my hands instantly felt really soft and they weren't sticky like a lot of other moisturisers and lotions which I was happy about as I'm a clumsy mess at the best of times! The smell didn't last as long as I would have hoped, as I could hardly smell it about an hour and a half later, but my hands still felt really soft in the morning and looked well hydrated. I have a lot of problems with the skin around my nails as I have a tendency to bit it, so I get a lot of dry skin, but I can see an improvement in this as well.

Body Wash
I also got the body wash, which, again, was too beautiful a colour to pass up. I have tried this twice now, and it has a really nice fruity smell to it, but also reminds me a little of a perfumed smell, which is nice and a change to normal shower gel smells. I have also used this in the bath, pouring a little bit in instead of bath soak and it created a lot more bubbles than I was expecting. It was nicely moisturising to my skin, and really calming, as I have quite sensitive skin, especially on my legs, I generally have to be careful what products I buy - but I had no problems with this. You also only need a little bit at a time, which means it will last a little longer than some other shower or bath washes.

Body Spray
The final thing I picked up, purely for the smell, was the body spray. This smells almost perfume like, with a hint of a floral scent too. It's really nice and quite strongly fragranced so you don't need to much. Unlike perfume, it doesn't last as long as I would have liked, but I didn't expect it to being a body spray. I take this around with me everywhere I go now. The bottle I got is a little big to carry around in smaller bags, but there are smaller versions available. 

The Ted Baker range are a little more pricey than most body lotions and potions, but they are completely worth it. They are incredibly hydrating and smell amazing - they are more of a mature or young adult smell rather than a teen smell, which suits a professional lifestyle, or even if you are going out to a part and want to treat yourself. I love these, and whenever they are on 3-for-2 again, I'm most definitely stocking up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twisted Beauty | Rachael McKenzie. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.