Breaking News

Navigation

Monday 11 May 2015

Beachwear | Plus Size Favourites

Beachwear is always one of those things that I find quite difficult being plus size and not as confident about my body as I should be. Once of my main problem areas is trying to make my breasts look smaller and the lower part of my stomach - so I'm very happy to find that this year the high waist bottoms are trending, continuing on from the high waist shorts trends of the spring. Below are some of the beachwear favourites I have found on my travels around the wonderful world of internet shopping.

All images are not owned by me, they are the property of the online retailer specified:


ASOS Curve has been one of my favourite places to find beautiful swimwear for many years, and this year they didn't fail to impress once again. I'm really loving the bold patterns and colours they have in at the moment, especially the bold, almost vintage styling in their bikinis, which are, of course, high waisted and tummy sucking in - what more could you want? I also really like the extra material on the coral bikini set which gives even more coverage, whilst still being sexy.


I've never really been a massive fan of New Look swimwear for my figure, but that's just because they have a tendency to design their swimwear with thin straps, which with my lovely 38GG's doesn't offer me the peace of mind of support I feel I need. However, I can't deny, their designs are beautiful, and if I was slightly less well endowed in the chest department, I would definitely buy from here. I love the bold patterns and interesting unique style, especially from the green dd-g Aztec bikini top, which gives good coverage for the chest area and makes me feel like I would attract less attention there. I also love the vintage feel to the blue stripe set, and I like the idea of having the extra material on the upper arms as that is another problem area I personally have.


Evans is another reliable shop for all plus size women, especially in the swimwear department, with a large range of tankinis, which I'm a fan of, and built in slimming systems to their swimsuits. Whilst most of their designs are basic, I feel that they are really lovely for a more mature woman, and I especially love the design of the halter swimsuit as the black slats at the side give a great slimming effect. I really love the patterns on the twist swimsuit as well, as I think stripes are brilliant for swimwear and the summer, especially in slimming horizontal stripes.


Despite only going up to a size 16, Top Shop offer a slightly large size in their swimwear, going up to an XL, which I can just about fit comfortably into, similar in fact to River Island. I'm a massive fan of Top Shop clothing, not that I can fit into anything other than their stretch trousers and skirts! I love the unique designs of their swimwear, with a lot of full body swimsuits available this year, as well as high waisted bikini sets. I especially love the pineapple print swimsuit as it has a metallic shine to it and the bold print can distract from problem areas. I also really love the double scallop swimsuit, and the colour change in the mid-riff area is very slimming.


River Island is all about bold colours and stand out designs, and their swimwear is no different. Their swimsuits and bikinis offer slimming designs with their high waisted bottoms and stripes, yet also add an extra sexy quality by having semi-transparent panels in most of their designs. I really love the stand out patterns, and the extra fabric under the bust in a lot of their bikinis, offering extra coverage for problem areas. I especially love the colour of the aqua lace bikini set, which is one of my favourites I have found this year!

I hope you enjoyed seeing my favourite beachwear pieces for this season. Let me know in the comments if you have got any of these, or what your favourite shops are to buy swimwear from. Also, you can check out my favourite sarongs and cover-ups for this year by clicking here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Twisted Beauty | Rachael McKenzie. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.