Breaking News

Navigation

Saturday 23 May 2015

Review | Avon Peeling & Brittleness Nail Solver

Although it's not a new product, I have recently turned to using the Avon Nail Experts Peeling & Brittleness Solver nail treatment after having acrylics on my nails, with Jessica nail polish. I used to bite my nails a lot - and I mean my nails rarely grew a while millimetre before I bit them again when I was younger. That and a lack of calcium in my diet until I was towards the end of my teens left my nails in a brittle state to the point that I can bend them downwards with ease. This, obviously means they are incredibly weak and I have issues with peeling and easy breakages, especially after having false nails on! I was hoping that the Avon Nail Experts formula could help! 


My nails three weeks ago, when I first started using this product were broken, chipped and in need of some serious TLC! Not one of my nails made it past having a one millimetre distal edge before some kind of chip or peeling happening which weakened the nails more than they were already and caused them to break or peel off to an alarmingly short length. Whilst this product has a slightly strange, a strong smell, that made me feel like it was just all the more better for what I needed it to do. I put the product on my nails three weeks ago, when my nails were in a state of breaking from weakness before they had even has the chance to have more than a millimetre long distal edge! I made sure that all my nail varnish and other crap was off my nails before applying the nail expert formula to all my nails.


One thing I was a little disappointed at was having to re-apply the nail formula every few days as it went like a plastic sheet on my nails and peeled off a number of them easily after a few days. After three weeks of repeating this process, I did a test on the strength of my nails. Before using this product, I could easily bend my nails over, but now, while I still can do it, it's much more difficult, and I don't feel like I'm going to break my nails doing it - or even typing for that matter, which was a major cause of nail breakage for me previously. My nails feel incredibly strong now - not like steel - but for the standard they were before - incredibly strong! They are also looking much healthier, with reduced visibility of peeling and cracking in my nails, and my cuticles feel much healthier. My nails have also grown considerably - much more than they usually do from just putting nail varnish on them to stop myself from messing with them!


I am mega impressed with the Avon Nail Expert Peeling & Brittleness Solver and am definitely going to continue using it - it's a much healthier way to grow your nails than my old technique of having false ones (either done myself or at the salon) or a shellac or Jessica nail polish top coat. They have a really nice natural shine to them with this nail formula as well. It's also really nice to paint over the top of the formula, as the nail varnish won't damage your nails underneath - although you definitely need a clear top coat if your going to do that as they formula doesn't stay on your nails for more than a couple of days!

Have you ever tried any of Avon's Nail Expert range? Let me know in the comments below!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks great, I've never tried the Avon Nail Expert range before! I haven't bought anything from Avon in years, I'll have to check out their products! Great post :) xx

www.pinkieprim.co.uk

Peace Firestone said...

I haven't tried anything in Avon's expert range! This has made me want to though.
Peace xo
www.waitwhatok.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Neither have I but my friend became a rep about a month ago and brought round some stuff for me to try like freebies etc and ended up buying a pot myself :)

Unknown said...

They are really good :) let me know what you think of them and which one you try!! X

Pri said...

Oooh I'm definitely going to check this out because I know a couple gals who would love this! What a coincidence I read your post right after my mom's coworker asked us if she wanted anything from Avon!

Priyanka | http://glamourandgiggles19.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Perfect timing :) Let me know if the girls like it! I'm so happy my friend is a rep now :) x

Post a Comment

Twisted Beauty | Rachael McKenzie. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.