Breaking News

Navigation

Monday 25 May 2015

Top Gift Days For Dads | PART 1

Father's Day gifts, and to be fair, gifts for similar days have always been difficult for my to buy - mainly because my parents live in a cottage, and therefore have no space to fit anything with my Mum's antique auction hauding habits! So, I have, in recent years, turned to getting gift days and experience days as gifts instead, and have grown to love them as incredibly brilliant gifts, as they are all things you wouldn't normally experience on a day to day basis, and will definitely be remembered for a long time! Bring on the award for 'Best Daughter'! Prices shown are the current sale price!


I have been to my all time go-to site for gifts days, trying to find things that my Dad would like to do, and decided it would be good to put together a list of my favourites, including some that my family has experienced ourselves to help those of you out there either struggling for ideas for this year, or even looking for something a little different to buying some cologne and whiskey! I have picked out my Top Gift Days in low-end, mid-range and high-end prices, so there is something to suit every pocket...


All images are sourced from Buy A Gift.
Click on the [source] to go straight to BuyAGift.com and view the experience!

Low-End Cost

[source]

3 Course Meal & Cocktail at Marco Pierre White's | £49
Marco Pierre White is a renowned chef, and Michelin star restaurant owner, and this experience is definitely one for the more refined father's out there. This voucher gets you a three course meal and a cocktail at the famous Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Co. in central London. This restaurant is so beautiful, and this would not only make a brilliant present idea, but would be perfect to let your parents have a romantic evening together as well, especially in London.


Jongleurs Comedy Pass for Two | £15
Laughter is good for you - it's a fact, so why not get something simple for your Father's Day gift like a comedy pass for two to any one of a number of comedy clubs up and down the country. Stand up comedy is at it's best in a small club surrounded by happy people, right at it's roots. This is something my parents got for me as a present once and it was a really good night out I wouldn't have usually gone on, but I loved every second of it.


Clay Pigeon Shooting for One | £44
Clay pigeon shooting isn't something everyone gets to do in their day to day life, unless you own a mansion or are a member of a hunting club! And, no animals being harmed is always the best thing! This is one of those 'boys and their toys' experiences, where you will get to play with guns in a legal sense and shoot at bits of clay hurtling through the sky. I don't know about you, but the idea of shooting a gun is something most Dad's would find exciting, and wouldn't get to do in normal circumstances.

Mid-Range Cost


Segway Thrill for Two | £54
This is something I have done with my Dad, and something that is incredibly fun! While they are a little tricky to get the hang of, it doesn't take long and you get to scoot around a track twisting and turning on possibly one of the most fun modes of transport I've ever been on. They also do city Segway experiences, which also seem unique.


Supercar Driving Experience for Two | £97
Supercars are something my Dad, and a lot of the men in my family are fanatic about. My Dad went on an Aston Martin experience day for his 60th birthday, which I got him last year and absolutely loved it! The great thing about these gifts is not only do you get to drive your dream car around a track full pelt, you also get thrown about my a professional driver in a thrilling experience!

I hope you have enjoyed part one of my Gift Days for Dads! Part 2 is out too, you can find that here, with more exciting, mid-range to high-end costing experience days for Dads! Let me know in the comments below if you have bought any of these before, or what your favourite experience day has ever been...

2 comments:

Post a Comment

Twisted Beauty | Rachael McKenzie. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.