Breaking News

Navigation

Monday 18 May 2015

Trending | Wall Stickers

I recently discovered an amazing online store called Icon Wall Stickers. I discovered them while looking for some inspiration for wall art for my bedroom and thought that stickers would be an interesting thing to go for. I've never really seen wall stickers before other than in hotels or restaurants, but they make an incredibly unique look to your rooms and are a definite conversational starter! There are so many designs I love from Icon Wall Stickers, that I wanted to share them with you not only for their unique styling and as something I think is really interesting to have as a piece of art work in your homes, but also for the inspirational quotes and beautiful shapes they contain which will hopefully cheer you up if you're having a bad day!
All images and image right are sourced from Icon Wall Stickers

'Coffee Cup': £10.99 | 'Sometimes The Smallest Things': £11.99 | 'Together Is The Best': £7.99
'Welcome Little One': £9.99 | 'A House Is Made Of Walls & Beams': £10.99
'Keep Calm & Drink Tea': £9.99 | 'Bless This Home': £7.99


'Scrabble Pieces': £12.99 | 'Bowler Hat Multi': £1.99 | 'Celtic Cross': £10.99 | 'Floral Heart': £13.99
'Banksy Style Girl With Balloon': £10.99 | 'London': £9.99 | 'Chinese - Beauty': £11.99

I don't know what it is, but there is something about wall stickers that feels so modern but so accessible to a number of home styles. I could see these in a range of living spaces from Victorian cottages with family related quotes on the walls to Penthouse apartments with all the mod-cons with a skyscraper on the walls. They are so versatile and come in so many different colours you can fit them in any type of room or colour scheme. I've got my eye on a few larger stickers that I will definitely be buying when I move to my new home in a couple of months time! I have always been a fan of inspirational quotes and simplistic, yet beautiful images and these wall stickers, as well as being a unique design idea, are right up my street visually.

Wall stickers are not something I have ever seen before, though I'm not sure if that's just because I've not been paying attention to unique design ideas such as these living in a house currently which is rented and we aren't allowed to decorate, but on further inspection on the internet, there is so many places that sell design ideas such as these from online stores such as Not On The High Street to high street stores such as IKEA and John Lewis, as well as trending on a number of interior design magazines and sites. One of the things I have seen which I am incredibly intrigued by, possibly more so than inspirational quotes and beautiful images in wall stickers is those which have geometric patterns, in particular this beautiful wall sticker by Oakdene Designs that I found on Not On The High Street!

Image from Not On The High Street
Is this something you can see taking off and becoming popular in homes rather than just in commercial places? Would you have wall stickers in your home? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twisted Beauty | Rachael McKenzie. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.