Breaking News

Navigation

Sunday 3 May 2015

Yankee Candle Favourites | May

It's no secret that I am absolutely in love with Yankee candles, and whilst it saddens me I have come to the point that I have to accept that the Christmas Garland candle is no longer appropriate for my house! Recently they have opened a Yankee Candle shop where I live, which somewhat amused me over Christmas as it is opposite a Clinton Cards who also sell some of their candles, just at this time at £2 more than the Yankee Candle shop...poor form Clintons! Anyway, I went in the other day on the hunt for some beautiful spring like smells and was definitely not disappointed...

Image from www.strikeapose.co.uk

From my initial opening of the doors I was greeted with a fabulous smell of candles in all sizes and scents, but spring smells was definitely my mission. There are so many scents that I'm really loving at the moment from Yankee Candles, but I could only afford to get two...

My Current Yankee Candle Favourites

Tarte Tatin // this smells incredible! It's such a sweet smell with a hint of the apple cinnamon Christmas scented candles. It reminds me of the baking scented candles but much sweeter. 

Beach Holiday // literally what it says on the jar - this smells like a beach, a mix between sun cream and a kind of salt spray scent. 

Lovely Kiku // I'm a massive fan of the floral scented candles as they definitely remind me of spring. When I was younger I used to have a massive cherry blossom tree in my garden which has a scent similar to this, mixed with vanilla. 

Pink Sands // Another floral mixed with vanilla scent, I love that this reminds me of when I was in Costa Rica in the jungle with such a fresh and fragrant smell of rain (if that makes sense) and exotic flowers. 

What I got


In the end I went for two scents (for now!), getting a beautiful irange coloured candle (Peach Smoothie) and a pale blue almost summer sky coloured candle (Sweet Pea). 

The Peach Smoothie scent is probably my favourite of all the candles in the Yankee Candle store, with an incredibly sweet scent. It's really fruity and with undertones of a creamy, vanilla smell more like a peach milkshake than a smoothie. It's incredibly fragrant when lit too which is always a bonus. 

The Sweet Pea is also a really lovely smell, but I love it for very different reasons. It has a more toned down smell and isn't a potent when lit. It does remind me of clean clothes in a way as it smells like my mums washing powder at home but with a strong floral scent. It's not too sweet it's more clean smelling (that's the only word I can think of to describe it!) with a smell that reminds me of being at my nans house. 

I can't wait to go back and get more Yankee Candles, although I think my better half is starting to get irritated at the number of jars we have around the house! Let me know in the comments below what your favourite scent of Yankee Candle is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twisted Beauty | Rachael McKenzie. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.