Breaking News

Navigation

Sunday 16 August 2015

Go Bronde | L'Oréal Review & Makeup Look

I like to think of myself as a connoisseur of hair colour - nothing wacky or by any means professional, but having had my hair an array of colours from bleached blonde to dark brown, mahogany to black, dirty blonde to dip-dyed and even a few blue streaks here and there when I was fourteen, I like to think I have tried enough brands and types of home hair colours to be able to tell the difference between the good and the bad - and sometimes the ugly! I have used L'Oréal Préférence home hair colour before, using one of their Ombre kits which worked really well and was fairly easy to use, but this time, going into Autumn in a few weeks, I wanted something more subtle, but more exciting than the one-tone hair I have currently - so I decided to try one of their Glam Highlights colours.


So, how does it work? As with the majority of home hair kits, you are supplied with a variety of tubes, pots and other essentials like gloves, and this kit is no different - except for an 'expert precision' wand, which is three pronged to give you an easy way to create perfect thickness highlights in your hair. You also get a colour lightener, to use after colouring your hair to bring out the highlights. I went for the No.3 shade, 'Medium Brown' for my hair to get a subtle tone. The hair colour kits are also offered in two lighter shades and one darker shade.


Most of the kit was straight forward, and very easy to get your head around on your own - it was just when it came to actually applying the colourant to my hair with the wand, I found it difficult to get a straight highlight, especially in the back of my hair, without getting the colourant on my hands or in a wiggly line all over the tips of my hair - and don't even get me started on making sure that the colourant went all the way to the roots - unless you have a mirror behind you as well and some very good lighting, this is almost impossible. So, with the help of my boyfriend, I battled on and got all the highlights done and waited. The suggested waiting time in the instructions is between 25 and 45 minutes, dependent on how strong you want the highlights, so I went for a good middle ground and waited 35 minutes before washing off the colour completely and shampooing before applying the lightening cremé and conditioner.

Before & After
I was so impressed with the colour in my hair and the highlight effect, although I think the colour was a little more copper than I thought it would be based on the colour example given on the box, although it does look really pretty in my opinion. I'm really impressed with the shine it gave my hair and how healthy my hair feels afterwards, as my hair can sometimes feel dry when it's been a warm day especially in the Summer. It's definitely not an easy kit to use on your own as it's hard to make sure that you're putting the wand in the right place for even and straight highlights, but it's so much cheaper than going to the hairdressers, at between £7 and £8 a kit (dependent on where you purchase it from) and does come out looking really professional. As a way of brightening up or putting some attitude into dull hair, I would recommend the L'Oréal Préférence Glam Highlights kit to anyone - but maybe suggest they employ a friend to help them with the application along the way!

How About A Makeup Look To Go With That New Hair?


Feeling sassy and confident with my new hair colour, however subtle a change it was, I thought it would be a perfect time to try out a makeup look to go with my new colour - something as subtle as the colour change, but still glamorous enough for my Bronde look. I went for a pink lip to bring out the girly side in my blonde highlights and a light smokey brown-gold eye to bring out the 'Bronde in me'. I wanted to do a light foundation, using a bronzer to contour instead of a harsh contour, with a peach blush on the apples of my cheeks. I used the darker colours of the bronzer palette for my dakrer contours around my under-chin and below my cheeks and used the pale pink shade for my nose, forehead and chin. I used a mixture of all the brows in the Beauty Collection palette (below) as well as the golden brown and dark pink colour to highlight my brow bone and tear duct and the darkest brown for a thick upper lash line. I used a pencil black eyeliner on my bottom lash line, and then a liquid eyeliner thin-tip pen on my upper lash line to create a thin, dramatic cat-eye. I also used two types of mascara, using a thickening mascara for the bottom layer of my upper lashes and on my lower lashes, and then went over the top lashes with a volumising mascara for ultra volume.

How Did I Create This Look?
Foundation // Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation with SPF15 in '100 Ivory'
Powder // L'Oréal True Match The Powder in 'No.4 Beige'
Bronzer // Beauty Collection Pressed Powder in 'Powder Bronzante'
Blusher // Rimmel Lasting Finish Soft Colour Blush in '010 Santa Rose'
Eyeshadow // Beauty Collection Classic Eyeshadow Palette in 'Set 2'
Eyeliner Pencil // Bourjois Khôl and Contour in 'Ultra Black'
Liquid Eyeliner // Dior Art Pen in '095 Catwalk Black'
Mascara (Bottom Layer) // MaxFactor Clump Defy False Lash Effect in 'Black'
Mascara (Top Layer) // Rimmel Scandal Eyes Xtreme in '003 Extreme Black'
Brows // Barry M Brow Kit Shape & Define in 'Medium Brown'
Lipstick // Beauty Collection Maxi Lipstick in 'No.14 Vintage'
Foundation Brush // Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
Powder Brush // Wilko Powder Brush
Bronzer & Blush Brush // Avon Slanted Blush Brush
Eyeshadow Brushes // Avon Eyeshadow Soft Brushes in Sizes 3, 4 & 7
Eyebrow Brush // Avon Thin Tip Brush in Size 4

I hope you have enjoyed this look and impression of L'Oréal's Préférence Glam Highlights home hair colour kit and the makeup look to go along with a beautiful Bronde look - let me know in the comments below your favourite Summer/Autumn hair and makeup looks!

24 comments:

Charlotte Lucy said...

I really like that! I am red at the moment but I am finding it really hard to keep it looking nice and so I am thinking of going brown next time :)

Charlotte
www.discoveringcharlotte.co.uk

Unknown said...

It's a great highlighting kit. Usually on my hair because it's had mahogany colours on it before when I try to put some blonde through it it goes orange but this is a beautiful golden blonde highlight.

Hikmettt said...

https://bayanlarsitesi.com/
Firuzköy
Başıbüyük
Karadeniz
Taşdelen
SHSARD

İpek said...

Denizli
Ankara
Antep
Bursa
Eskişehir
B25

AstralGoddess said...

amasya evden eve nakliyat
eskişehir evden eve nakliyat
ardahan evden eve nakliyat
manisa evden eve nakliyat
karaman evden eve nakliyat
K8İV1D

AlgebraAdventurer101 said...

https://istanbulolala.biz/
XCLJ

GoldenRüya55 said...

hatay evden eve nakliyat
ısparta evden eve nakliyat
erzincan evden eve nakliyat
muğla evden eve nakliyat
karaman evden eve nakliyat
5PCV8

CyberChallenger77 said...

tekirdağ evden eve nakliyat
kocaeli evden eve nakliyat
yozgat evden eve nakliyat
osmaniye evden eve nakliyat
amasya evden eve nakliyat
UHX

StardustSonsuzluk83 said...

düzce evden eve nakliyat
denizli evden eve nakliyat
kırşehir evden eve nakliyat
çorum evden eve nakliyat
afyon evden eve nakliyat
73WS

RüyaKovalayan71 said...

urfa evden eve nakliyat
malatya evden eve nakliyat
burdur evden eve nakliyat
kırıkkale evden eve nakliyat
kars evden eve nakliyat
UBCK1P

EC048Azul81EBF said...

51E2A
Tekirdağ Boya Ustası
order anapolon oxymetholone
Ardahan Evden Eve Nakliyat
Diyarbakır Evden Eve Nakliyat
order sarms
Zonguldak Evden Eve Nakliyat
buy pharmacy steroids
Kocaeli Evden Eve Nakliyat
Ağrı Evden Eve Nakliyat

F056BKimberly0866C said...

95F65
Sincan Parke Ustası
Mersin Parça Eşya Taşıma
Osmo Coin Hangi Borsada
Çerkezköy Korkuluk
Aydın Parça Eşya Taşıma
Karaman Parça Eşya Taşıma
Tunceli Evden Eve Nakliyat
Çerkezköy Koltuk Kaplama
Batıkent Fayans Ustası

3A1B0Aniyah5816D said...

68F0A
Ünye Marangoz
Ardahan Evden Eve Nakliyat
Huobi Güvenilir mi
Erzincan Evden Eve Nakliyat
Şırnak Lojistik
Mamak Parke Ustası
Kırşehir Parça Eşya Taşıma
Çerkezköy Fayans Ustası
Çerkezköy Marangoz

0954AEmerson9589D said...

9C1D3
Ankara Şehir İçi Nakliyat
Çerkezköy Koltuk Kaplama
Sinop Şehir İçi Nakliyat
Sivas Şehir İçi Nakliyat
Erzurum Şehir İçi Nakliyat
Iğdır Lojistik
Aksaray Lojistik
Bitget Güvenilir mi
Pursaklar Parke Ustası

850C6Tianna792F4 said...

FD1AC
Elazığ Parça Eşya Taşıma
Malatya Evden Eve Nakliyat
Ünye Yol Yardım
Denizli Parça Eşya Taşıma
Denizli Şehir İçi Nakliyat
Bilecik Evden Eve Nakliyat
Trabzon Parça Eşya Taşıma
Adana Şehir İçi Nakliyat
Şırnak Şehirler Arası Nakliyat

DDFF5Melissa88DE9 said...

D2E0A
Karapürçek Fayans Ustası
Ünye Parke Ustası
Çerkezköy Petek Temizleme
Referans Kimliği Nedir
Ordu Evden Eve Nakliyat
Erzincan Evden Eve Nakliyat
Cointiger Güvenilir mi
Karapürçek Boya Ustası
Sivas Evden Eve Nakliyat

6B721CeliaD219E said...

46735
binance

DA100Allen1CF9E said...

3196F
Binance Neden Tercih Edilir
Kripto Para Nasıl Üretilir
Coin Nasıl Alınır
Bitcoin Nedir
Coin Kazma
Binance Borsası Güvenilir mi
Kripto Para Madenciliği Nedir
Bitcoin Nasıl Kazanılır
Kripto Para Madenciliği Nasıl Yapılır

031DCDashawn30983 said...

0BC83
kırklareli canlı sohbet odaları
giresun en iyi rastgele görüntülü sohbet
kırklareli sesli sohbet uygulamaları
bilecik canlı sohbet siteleri ücretsiz
muğla ücretsiz sohbet siteleri
erzincan sohbet sitesi
bingöl ücretsiz sohbet
mersin bedava sohbet uygulamaları
zonguldak ücretsiz görüntülü sohbet uygulamaları

1265AZaylee7C6A6 said...

C87F2
Osmaniye Sohbet Muhabbet
ordu parasız görüntülü sohbet
canlı görüntülü sohbet siteleri
antep rastgele canlı sohbet
antep kadınlarla sohbet et
rastgele sohbet odaları
kırklareli nanytoo sohbet
kocaeli ücretsiz sohbet uygulamaları
sakarya sesli sohbet siteler

FC3E3MorganB1FA2 said...

AE2B3
Discord Sunucu Üyesi Satın Al
Okex Borsası Güvenilir mi
Mefa Coin Hangi Borsada
Satoshi Coin Hangi Borsada
Threads Takipçi Hilesi
Clubhouse Takipçi Satın Al
Parasız Görüntülü Sohbet
Caw Coin Hangi Borsada
Binance Referans Kodu

40E39Sophia34D0E said...

02F89
bitbox
poocoin
looksrare
dcent
trust wallet
uwu lend
shiba
dextools
ledger wallet

Takipci_______ said...

5AD7E
binance
bitcoin ne zaman çıktı
bitcoin giriş
kripto para nereden alınır
gate io
binance
vindax
bitget
kraken

Takipci-- said...

B30AB
poloniex
bitmex
binance referans kimliği
binance referans kod
kripto para kanalları telegram
binance
kripto ne demek
bitcoin ne zaman yükselir
bitcoin nasıl oynanır

Post a Comment

Twisted Beauty | Rachael McKenzie. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.