Breaking News

Navigation

Friday 21 August 2015

I Dare To Be | Fashion Is Art In Sizes 12 To 30

Fashion is art...and art is always pushing the boundaries. I discovered I Dare To Be recently, and instantly fell in love with their intricate designs of fashion, catering for everyone from a size 12 to a size 30. It's incredibly rare to find a fashion forward front being a plus size girl that offers high end clothing in my size, so I Dare To Be was a revitalising experience. Whilst the garments can't be described at budget, the quality and the uniqueness of their designs is anything but budget. I've been hooked on their website, going through every item of clothing, discovering so many items that I am absolutely in love with, and have managed to put together three styled looks from their collections.



I Dare To Be offers some fantastically unique designs, and whilst they aren't the styles we are currently seeing in the high street stores, they are ideal for the Autumn and for those people who like to be comfortable while still looking fashionable. While looking through their collections, I got a real sense of taking a boho chic look, combined with a sense of a hippy silhouette. As their range is a designer collection for the more voluptuous women of the world, their styles offer a variety of comfortable and flowing designs in sizes 12 all the way up to 30.


Dress: Manga Navy Balloon Dress with Print Hem (£99) ; Coat: Kamu Flage Dramatic Floral Coat (£199) ; Shoes: Papucei Ilinca Navy Shoe (£109, £43.60) 

The Manga Balloon dress is one of my all time favourite items in I Dare To Be's collection - I love the colour (it's also available in grey and red) and the print on the bottom is a beautiful ethnic pattern which I adore! Coming down to just above knee height, it's something you could wear all year round - on its own in the summer, with tights in the autumn and spring and with leggings or dark jeans in the winter! It goes really well with the contrasting floral prints on the jacket, which is a really nice lightweight coat and the added girly spark int he silver-blue shoes. I love the metallic look of these shoes, transforming this outfit into a fabulous unique night time look. Who says you need to wear heels on a night out?


Top: She's Crazy Floral Print Top (£64.99, £32.50) ; Leggings: Boris Spotty Dotty Black Net Leggings (£24.99) ; Shoes: Papucei Bordo Bowa Shoes (£125) ; Scarf: Rundholz Black Label Beluga Wool Bear Scarf (£99)

The second outfit I formed together was a casual day look, using some of I Dare To Be's more polychromatic pieces. I paired together the floral print top with the net leggings as I love the contrast that the leggings have with their spotty design. I'm a pure sucker for floral print, so I had to choose this floral print She's Crazy top - I love the way the bottom is slanted as it gives a more curvy figure the illusion of being longer and more slimline. I also love the collection of scarves at I Dare To Be, especially the bear print scarves in the khaki green (also available in other colours) which I think worked really well with the black leggings and top. I wanted to bring more colour to the outfit creation so I chose one of my favourite pairs of shoes on the I Dare To Be website, these stunning Bordo Bowa shoes in maroon with a yellow and grey cross stitch effect. This outfit would be perfect for any lazy day, shopping or meeting friends!


Top: Yiannis Karistsiotis Big Spot Oversized Tunic (£149) ; Leggings: (as above) ; Coat: She's Crazy Striking Silver Circles Dramatic Jacket (£119, £35.70) ; Boots: Papucei Black Bergia Boot (£135)

The final outfit I went for is more of a look which can be translated as more of a smart casual look, yet appropriate for a meal out with your family or a day out with your friends to an event. I brought the same leggings through into this look as I love them so much! They are such a unique design and give a different, interesting look to any outfit. I also went more casual on the shoes, choosing an amazing pair of boots with a bronze-black colour and an effect on the top panel that reminded me of crinkled paper. I wanted to go for more of a smart look on top, so went for an oversized tunic in black with a spotty white and black pattern on the bottom, giving it a formal yet fun feel. I also wanted to bring in a formal yet fun feel in the coat, choosing a white coat with a silver effect circle pattern. I love the fact that this coat is lightweight so can be worn in any season by layering with cardigans or scarves in the colder months or on it's own in the Spring or Summer. I love the oval hem at the bottom of the coat as well which gives it a slimming look.

I hope you love these looks, and definitely check out I Dare To Be - anyone who values fashion as art is ok in my books! Let me know in the comments below what your favourite look is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twisted Beauty | Rachael McKenzie. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.