Breaking News

Navigation

Sunday 2 August 2015

LUSH | Summer Haul Part Three | Bath Bombs

Bath Bombs! My favourite things to buy from Lush, ever! I absolutely love their range of bath bombs and melts in all sorts of shapes, sizes and smells. Don't forget to check out Part 1 (Soaps and Massage Bars) and Part 2 (Jellies, Scrubs and Cleansers) as well to see all the things I got from Lush most recently...


I love the bath bombs and melts from Lush, and I ended up getting even more the last time I visited Lush for my quarterly trip to spend more money than I own. I ended up getting mainly new or special edition bath bombs, but couldn't resist getting an old trusty favourite bath bomb as well.

"Denotes quotation from Lush.com"

Bath Bombs

Think Pink [bottom left]
"A relaxing pink bath bomb with a sweet vanilla and tonka fragrance. As it dissolves, you'll feel as though you're getting a big hug - you'll find yourself surrounded by rice paper confetti hearts that slowly melt away. It's sweet scent comes from Fair Trade vanilla absolute, whole tonka adds a caramel undertone. Neroli gives it a sunny citrus top note, while lavender clears your mind and makes you feel that like is sweet"

I haven't tried this bath bombs before, but after reading what's inside with all those adorable confetti pieces and after smelling the sweet vanilla and floral scent, I can't wait to try it. It's quite a small bath bomb, so I feel it's one that will be incredibly strong and fizz a lot, which I'm looking forward to. As it's quite small compared to other bath bombs that Lush do, I feel it's a little expensive for the size, at £2.65 when I purchased it per bomb, but then I am expecting great things to come from this little bomb filled with goodies! I've taken to shaking mine in anticipation, as you can hear the little pieces inside rattling about, making it all the more exciting. I can't wait to use this bath bomb - who wouldn't want a bath that not only smells amazingly like vanilla and roses, but is also pink and filled with little scent pockets of confetti?

May Day [top left]

It makes me quite sad that you can't get this bath bomb any more, or at least I have no longer been seeing it around my local Lush stores and it's no longer on the Lush website as this May Day special bath bomb is incredibly. I was really reluctant to use it as it has such an adorable badger face design - not only great to look at but also doing great with the bomb specifically designed to spread the message "keep our badgers alive". Coinciding with the headlines around about the start of May which were filled with works trying to protect such a majestic British creature, Lush donated all profits from these bath bombs to projects helping to eradicate badger culling from the UK. As well as an incredible philanthropic background, this bomb smells incredible, with one of my favourite bath scents, citrus. It reminds me a little of another bath bomb I bought (down below), Granny Takes A Dip, with a strong sherbet smell with a slight sweetness. It is incredibly fizzy, dissolving very fast in the water, leaving the bath looking like a soft creamy tinge, not as exciting as other bath bombs in colour, but the smell makes up for all that with strong citrus smells with a slight fennel seed smell added in and leaves your skin feeling really soft - doing good to both your skin and our local wildlife!
Dragon's Egg [bottom right]
"Dragon's Egg makes bathtime exciting as it fizzes and crackles and changes the colour of your water to a gorgeous citrusy gold. Its scent is reminiscent of lemon sherbet, with a hint of jasmine, leaving you feeling great and ready for a good day. Its citrus scents leave you feeling transformed and invigorated"

This is another bomb from my most recent collection that I haven't brought myself to use yet, mainly because this is about the fifth Dragon Egg bath bomb that I have purchased from Lush, and I absolutely love it and always leave it until last! The thing I love most about the Dragon's Egg bath bomb is the intense citrus smell combined with the array of crackling colour you get from your egg, much like a real egg, with different bits crackling away from the outer shell to reveal something beautiful inside. The scent reminds me a lot of oranges, with a hint of a floral undertone from the jasmine. It takes a few moments to get started fizzing away in the water when you first put it in, but it produces such an amazing array of colours - pinks, reds, greens, yellows! It doesn't have a very oily base, so your skin doesn't feel as soft as with other bombs, especially like one of my other all time favourites, Sakura, but the strong scent does make you feel alive and really awake, clearing your mind and getting your ready to take on the world - I tend to use this bath bomb if I am having a night out with the girls or if I'm going out for a special event, as it really wakes you up and hydrates your skin. It's definitely one of those bath bombs that's best to use at the start of your day.

Granny Takes A Dip [top right]
"When you need a break from the real world, hide away in the tub with this psychedelic fizzer. Lie back and watch as its mesmerising colourful swirls radiate around you, filling the air with the groovy multilayered scent of uplifting lemon oil, spicy black pepper and fresh ginger oil. Let your mind wander as the colours dance and swirl creating a hypnotising spectacle, and eventually blend together to turn the water a deep comforting purple"

Granny Takes A Dip is possibly one of my all time favourite bath bombs from Lush, and definitely one that I will be getting time and time again, although I can no longer find it on the Lush UK website as it has been discontinued which makes me really sad - I may have to go to my local Lush and buy them on mass before they're all gone! It has a really nice smell, combining a strong ginger smell with a floral undertone and gives you a disco experience in the bath, with the colours fizzing together to create a circle of different colours, eventually combining together to create a beautiful purple colour. It smells so amazing and leaves your skin feeling so soft. It's definitely one of those bombs that is best to use after a long week at work or a stressful day to relax you completely, leaving you feel refreshed. I have found that the ginger scent combined with a slightly savoury pepper smell does wonders for me in a hot bath whenever I have a headache as a miracle cure.

Granny Takes A Dip in action...
Lush has so many fantastic products that I can't wait to try or can't stop myself from buying. I'm quite disappointed that the May Day bath bomb is only a one off, as the smell and fizziness is incredible and I can't believe that Granny Takes A Dip is being discontinued - although I have high hopes of some new products coming out in August ready for the colder weather to take over the UK and hopefully bring in some more savoury, peppery scents to Lush. Let me know in the comments below what hopes you have for Lush's next load of new bombs.

4 comments:

Soph said...

I absolutely love granny takes a dip!
I can't have a bath without a bath bomb now.. I've become so obsessed with them! And they have to be from Lush.. No exceptions haha

sophiejc.blogspot.co.uk

Unknown said...

I'm totally the same - I feel lost having a bath with just bath soak or similar now! Baths just don't feel right unless they are multicoloured and smelling like a Lush store :p x

Unknown said...

Everyone keeps talking about lush products i definitely need to try it then :/


Nique || www.2nbeauty.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

You should! There are so many amazing things! :) x

Post a Comment

Twisted Beauty | Rachael McKenzie. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.