Breaking News

Navigation

Tuesday 15 September 2015

5 Ways To Wear Bold Prints | Straight From The High Street

The Autumn months are upon us, but I'm certainly not ready yet to let the bold prints of Summer fade away. Clinging desperately on to the Summer weather and bringing those bold patterns and colours into an Autumnal theme, I have put together five looks from five different high street stores featuring the essential bold print items everyone needs in the Autumn wardrobe: the top, the trousers, the skirt, the coat and the dress. I love Autumn, the browns, reds, oranges, purples, and some of the items available out there scream Autumn with a hint of Summer fun at the moment. Bold prints are something that not everyone feels comfortable wearing - something I feel with myself some of the time - but these looks are perfect for either dressing down with some darker colours or brightening up with some jewellery and perfect for both the outgoing fashionistas and the more demure fashion connoisseurs amongst us.


LOOK CREATED FROM BOOHOO
Abigail Mixed Print Woven Cami - £10 // Jenni Low Rise Heavy Distressed Skinny Jeans - £25 // Angela MA1 Bomber Jacket - £30 // Taylor Buckle Trim Belted Ankle Boot - £30 // Cassia Multi Pack Stack Ring Set - £6

Autumn is that time of year where I still want to wear short sleeved, bold items, but it's getting that little bit too cold to be wearing dresses every day, so I love moving on to tops with skinny jeans or leggings in the Autumn months. I absolutely love this red print Abigail top as it reminds me of the ethnic patterns of Summer, but paired with some green jeans to keep that colour going and a brown leather jacket it looks fabulous. I always prefer to go with a coloured leather jacket in the Autumn, particularly maroons or browns to echo the changing leaves as it gives it that sense that the cold weather isn't quite here yet. Another thing I love about Autumn is getting to go back to my boots, especially Chelsea and ankle boots which I wish I could wear all year round! Brown or tan boots are a particular favourite of mine in the Autumn months, and I love the buckle detailing on these Taylor boots. I also went quite simple on the jewellery, not opting for anything on the upper half of the body as it would distract or get lost in the bold print of the top, so I went for some stunning Cassia gold rings.


LOOK CREATED FROM H&M
Loose Fit Trousers in Natural Print - £7 // Sleeveless Blouse - £14.99 // Peach Ballet Pumps - £7.99 // Bucket Bag - £19.99 // 5-Pack Gold Bracelet in One - £7.99

I really love these printed trousers, as they are a beautiful mash of Autumnal and Summery colours, which remind me of a piece of art. Paired with a plain black top and bag, with some peach or pink sandals, these trousers really stand out. They are a really fun, vibrant pattern, but H&M also offer a wide variety of different patterns in the same style of trouser, making this the shop to go to for all your bold print trouser needs this Autumn. I really like that they are a thinner, more silky material, which is perfect for those semi-warm Autumn days where Summer hasn't quite left us yet to bring a chic look to the street. I also went for this bold statement necklace, but kept it in a gold and brown colour scheme as to not distract too much from the trousers, but also add a little something to the plain top.


LOOK CREATED FROM TOPSHOP
Jacquard Mini Skirt - £23 // Tie Front Top - £12 // Cropped Denim Biker Jacket - £52 // TOGA Skater Shoes - £20 // Leather Novelty Monster Bag - £34 // Multirow Thread Necklace - £12.50

I wanted to create a look that screamed casual and fun but would also be perfect for anyone looking for a bold print that wasn't so highly "stand-out", so I went for a long crop top and a simple blue and white print skirt. TopShop is the perfect place to go, in my opinion, for more smart, toned down, elegant prints, though definitely offers it's fun side too, as seen in this adorable monster bag. The blue, yellow and white in the bag go perfectly with the blue and white tones in the outfit and the gold coming through from the necklace. I especially like this necklace as it's fun and different, with a pale blue main block colour. This outfit is super casual which is why I went for some simple, white skater shoes, however, this outfit could easily be made different and less casual by adding a leather jacket and some suede boots as well.


LOOK CREATED FROM RIVER ISLAND
Black Knitted Boho Hooded Cape - £45 // White V-Neck Open Back Vest - £18 // Dark Blue Wash Jeggings - £40 // Brown Suede Ghillie Lase Up Heels - £68 // Navy Panelled Structured Tote - £42 // Navy Gold Detailed Short Necklace - £12

Everyone needs a staple coat as the weather gets colder, and this amazing coat caught my eye straight away. I paired it with a simple, chic outfit that really made the coat stand out, with a simple blue jean and white short sleeved chiffon top. I went more statement with the bag and the necklace, as when you're not wearing the coat, I wanted the outfit to still look more smart casual than just plain. I love the deep blue in the bag and the necklace, especially with the twist design and gold in the necklace. The brown in the bag goes perfectly with the tan heels in this outfit, which I chose something different to just another brown boot, going for a lace up open panelled boot, which I think fits the season perfectly.


LOOK CREATED FROM NEW LOOK
Red Paisley Print Tunic - £17.99 // Tan Lace Up Shoe Boots - £22.99 // Tan Eyelet Panel Bucket Bag - £24.99 // Gold Coin Detail Bracelet Stack - £7.99 // Stone Oversized Floppy Bow - £3.99

I absolutely love this dress - it falls just above the knee and is a beautiful Autumnal colour and I love the ethnic print. This dress makes a perfect statement piece in keeping with the ethnic styling with these fabulous dark tan boots with the red tones matching the dress really well. I also went for the coin bracelet to keep with the girly, unique look of this outfit, paired with a stunning gold bow bobble to create an equally girly hairstyle. I really love the bag as well with this as I feel that this outfit would be the perfect thing to wear to any event or shopping trip - and a big bag is always useful!

Let me know in the comments below what bold prints and high street stores you are loving the collections for this Autumn!
Twisted Beauty | Rachael McKenzie. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.